You are about to read a step-by-step guide to setting up your first self-hosted WordPress blog – the one that will kick-start your blogging journey.
Please Pay Careful Attention!
What you are about to read is deceptively simple.
In fact, I’m going to have to ask you to read every word and fully understand the steps so you can successfully set up your first self-hosted WordPress blog.
Before I start, if you don’t have hosting yet…
I Recommend That You Get SiteGround Hosting!
The first reason is because this post will be showing you how to set up a self-hosted WordPress Blog using SiteGround hosting (Affiliate Link), so you will be able to clearly understand the steps.
The second reason is because I have been using it for many years, and their service – especially their support – is top-notch. No doubt about it.
The final reason is because you need hosting to really have your own self-hosted WordPress blog. You cannot get it any other way.
So, click here to get SiteGround Hosting (Affiliate Link) and…
Start Setting Up Your First Self-Hosted WordPress Blog!
Log in to your SiteGround Hosting account.
Once you are logged in, click on the “My Accounts” tab. (It’s just under the SiteGround logo.)
In your account tab, you will see an orange button called “Go to cPanel”.
Click on it.
Once you click the orange button, something will pop up.
Choose “Access cPanel Securely” and click “Proceed”.
Scroll down to the bottom. You will find the word “SECURITY”.
Under the word “SECURITY” you will see a lock-type logo that says “Let’s Encrypt”.
If your domain is encrypted with SSL certificates, it will be listed there.
If not, you will have to encrypt it manually. Here’s how to do it:
- Choose your domain name.
- Click on Let’s Encrypt SSL.
- Click Install
If it is successful, you will see a popup that says, “SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED SSL”.
In cPanel home, locate “WORDPRESS TOOLS”.
Then click the first one “WordPress Installer”.
Once you’re inside the WordPress Installer, look for the word “Install Now”.
Under Software Setup, you will need to fill in some stuff. I will go through the one you must complete:
- Choose Protocol – using https:// (If choosing https:// comes out an error, it means you didn’t encrypt SSL cert. You will need to go back to step 5 to encrypt it.)
- Choose Domain – Choose the domain you want to install WordPress on.
- Under site settings, enter your site name.
- Enter a site description. Don’t worry, you can change the site name and description later, in the back of your WordPress office.
DO NOT TICK ENABLE MULTISITE (WPMU).
I Repeat: DO NOT TICK ENABLE MULTISITE (WPMU)
- Under Admin Account, enter your username and password. These are the login details you will need to log in to your WordPress back office, so remember them well.
- Now scroll down to the button where it says “install”,and click it.
Wait for the installation to complete.
And you’re done!
You just set up your first self-hosted WordPress blog using SiteGround hosting (Affiliate Link).
If you have any questions or if you encounter any problems, comment below and let me know so I can help.
Alternatively, you can contact SiteGround Support.
They’ll be happy to assist you.
- The Inside Story of the Biggest Lies that is Holding You Back from Success - November 15, 2018
- How to Setup a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog Using SiteGround Hosting? - November 8, 2018
- A Sad Tale About a Blog that Was Dying a Quick and Untimely Death - October 31, 2018
- How a Book and a Theory can Help You Stand Out in Your Market? - October 24, 2018
- Getting Despised, Discouraged and Fighting for an Answer - October 18, 2018